Three Things to Stock Up on Before the Holidays Arrive (And it’s Not What You Think!)
Ready or not, here come the holidays! Are you already starting to plan and make lists in your head of all the necessary holiday supplies? All the ingredients for a Thanksgiving meal, a tree, mistletoe, wrapping paper and bows, a family photo greeting card — so very many things to stock up for the holiday, and the list goes on and on. Whether you are eagerly anticipating the arrival of Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, New Year’s Eve or any and everything in between, there is so very much to get done. Not to add even more to your to-do list, but here are three essential things you should stock up on asap that will make the time between now and 2022 far easier and more enjoyable, for you and everyone around you. (And, it’s not what you think, but don’t forget the holiday CBD!)
1. Conversation Starters
Whether it is a family gathering, an office party or soirees with your nearest and dearest, there are definitely going to be festivities in your future. It’s been a while since we mingled, right? I think we’re all feeling a little bit rusty when it comes to making small talk. And now there’s the added anxiety of making conversation without veering into hot topics that could cause contention, like masks, COVID, and quarantining in addition to the usual ones like politics and religion.
With all of the labor issues and layoffs since the pandemic, even work-related small talk can feel like walking into a landmine. So as the old saying goes — preparation is key. Of course, there is hope and desire for a fun and natural flow of conversation – but set yourself up for success by having a few easy topics at the ready to help you feel more comfortable when it is time to start mingling again in real life. Easy, small talk conversation starters could include things like:
- Do you have any trips or vacations that you’re planning for 2022?
- What was the last great book that you read and what was so great about it?
- Everyone talks about their favorite TV shows, but what was the last show that you watched that you think everyone else should just skip past, and why?
- Have you checked out the food offerings? What do you think is the tastiest dish here?
- How do you know our host? Tell me your favorite story about them.
It doesn’t have to be anything complicated or written down on notecards. Just have a few ideas in your proverbial back pocket so your interactions can be their most joyful and stress-free. This is one of the BEST things to stock up on for the holiday!
2. Energy and Sleep
October hit and suddenly all of the social invitations started flooding in! Re-entry can be overwhelming and a real energy sucker. As exciting as all of this interaction can be after so many months of isolation, remember to go easy on yourself and with your schedule. Remember to embrace the feeling of JOMO (joy of missing out) and don’t be afraid to lean into that this holiday season. You do not need to attend each and every Friendsgiving or White Elephant Gift party or Girl’s Brunch or what have you (but, if you do, remember that holiday CBD is the perfect present).
You can always express gratitude while still declining the invitation. RSVPing “no” to a small few of these will help you RSVP “yes” to things like self-care, sleep and even Netflix and chilling. There is no point in showing up to each and every event when you’re not at your best, and then being angry at yourself afterwards. Give yourself the gift of wellness and relaxation (instead of another shirt and credit card bill) so that when you do choose to interact, those involved get to see the most delightful and joyful you possible.
Everyone wants that feeling of enjoyment or contentment when all of the pieces are in place (including holiday supplies) and the mind is at ease, freeing you up to simply appreciate the moment — and the pure and natural holiday CBD products from Hapsy can help you to do just that!
- Now that we are venturing out and about again in heels and boots after being barefoot or in slippers for so long, our poor little tootsies might feel unprepared. Our Soothe Stick can be used on the balls and heels of the feet to provide mild and comforting effects from hemp CBD combined with plant-based oils and skin-soothing beeswax to keep each one of your 10 little piggies soft and happy. Available in two fantastic fragrances, Magnolia and Hint of Mint, these super-rich non-greasy salves can be applied before you put on your shoes and help make the difference between you dancing the night away or ending the night carrying your heels in your hand.
- Our Daily Drops were literally made for getting through awkward social settings. It is totally normal to feel anxious at holiday parties during any given year, but this year seems especially tricky. Our Daily Drops were designed to help you keep your wits about you when nerves start to kick in, allowing you to press pause on that internal monologue that can keep you from truly being present. Available in unflavored as Pure Plant or with a subtle and refreshing Hint of Mint, these drops are easily placed directly under your tongue or within your favorite beverage to promote a sense of calm and clarity while making merry — or to help you quiet your mind and help you sleep after all is said and done.
Whichever Hapsy holiday CBD product you choose, you can rest easy knowing that you are receiving the highest quality CBD available, 100% free and clear of THC and any other cannabinoids. Every batch is tested by a 3rd party lab to prove just that with the Certificates of Analysis available. Our products are designed for quick, convenient, and discreet use – and you can purchase from the Hapsy website from the convenience of your own home, 24/7, where shipping is always free. $1 from every purchase is donated to Giving Kitchen so when you strive to bring Hapsiness to yourself with holiday CBD, you’re helping others as well.
Holiday supplies are NOT the most important thing when you need to stock up for the holidays. We at Hapsy wish you all the best during the rest of 2021 and for the new year ahead. We look forward to partnering with you in your journey toward health and wellness this holiday season and beyond. As always … Be Present. Be Balanced. Be Hapsy.