Happy end of July! Here are some of our favorite things we loved this month.
- Limelight “Hydrangelas”. Okay, they are technically Hydrangeas. But, in March 2021 when we were putting in some new trees and flower bushes, I asked my children what flowers they wanted. And my sweet son asked for limelight “hydrangelas” because they are his favorite flower. They bloomed earlier this month and they make me smile every day.
- Modern Family aired on NBC in 2009. I watched it then, before I had kids, and laughed every week. Fast forward to 2022, and I have found myself in Claire Dunphy’s shoes. Watching this show on Peacock in this season of life of “big kid” parenting has been a unique form of self-care.
- Dog Collars! We rescued a puppy earlier this year and she is such a joy to shop for. I cannot stop buying all the pretty things for our walks. She might have more dog collars than I have shoes before she turns two!
- A faster way to get help. This month, the FCC announced a new hotline number for the Suicide and Crisis Lifeline. By texting or calling 988, you can connect with mental health professionals in a quick and confidential way. Please spread the word about this new, easy-to-remember number.
- TheSkimm. This daily brief has been my go-to source for years now. I can read it before I finish a cup of coffee and easily keep up with headline news, some high-level pop culture and sports, and even a random topic to make dinner party conversation enlightening. Click this link to subscribe.
- Summer Blockbusters are back! I’ve spent my whole life in the South. When I read Where the Crawdads Sing in 2018, I was immersed in the language that describes the marshlands. I know canals, creeks, and marshes well from my own wild childhood. When I saw the movie this month, my eyes and ears were treated to everything I envisioned while reading the book. I’m glad it’s getting the “summer blockbuster” attention. Please go back to the movie theaters to see Where the Crawdads Sing!
Want to hear more about what makes us Hapsy? Sign up for our newsletter to get a little dose of Hapsy fun mail!
Take care & be Hapsy!